Saturday 30 June 2007

It's raining junk food..

What is it about rain and a strong urge to have good food? I am speaking for myself when I say that as soon as it drizzles, leave alone rain cats and dogs, I instantly start thinking of hot steaming coffee, fried stuff with cheese and a lot more. But I still wonder about what the link is between drops of water, scent of the soil, leaves dancing with joy and our salivary glands. As soon as it starts drizzling and the drying clothes are brought inside before further damage, the pleasing thought of French fries comes to my mind. Then as it pours further, one begins to think as to how it would be like to have those succulent, salted fries with some melted cheese. And as the wind blows harder providing a surround sound effect, one ventures into the tangy hint of ketchup to the oh-so-tempting notion. And before you know it, it stops raining. But you still go ahead and have all that. Thank God for rain. But God help me if I’m not at home and I’m struggling in the muck just to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment