Saturday 2 June 2007

WHY ME!!!




so this kid in the neighbourhood.. must be a yr old i guess... cant really determine their age.. can walk, cant talk.. so ur estimate wud be the best guess.. would love to hang out with my grandma.. MY grandma.. but very selective about who he wud smile at. also, whenever i would come in front of him he would skew his face and wince and frown and knit his eyebrows all at once. he would give me the "WHY ME??!!" look, as if trying to ask, "What have I done to deserve this??" and if i stick around in my own porch for a minute longer, he would want to go back and wail for his mom. so whenver His Highness is playing with leaves and flowers plucked from MY garden in MY porch with MY grandma, the area is off limits for me.


and then one fine day, he didn't frown. Then the other, the eyebrows remained in place. And the other, no more wincing. He had begun to atleast tolerate me within a five-metre radius. Not bad, said I. Gradually, i started getting my share of rare and highly-coveted-for smiles and I-Spies. He even readily hopped on my bike for a ride, ofcourse, free of cost.


So then things started getting chirpier, I must say. But this wasn't for long. His family was moving to Pune or some place. And that was it. But the moral of the story is that initially one might detest me. But I guess I grow on people. that reminds of a PGWeology : If he grows on me, Il have him amputated.. but I guess I'm not that bad..


No comments:

Post a Comment