Thursday 7 June 2007

Watched CHEENI KUM the other day with family. I had a splendid time. We totally identified with the sense of humour in the film. Very much like what you might see in my house. Snapping at each other, calling each other innovative names.. quite on the lines of Ghaas Poos and Tangdi Kebab. Ofcourse I don't have a Colgate in my family. "HyderAyBAydi ZYayfrAyni PulAyv" has been immortalized.

The movie is just right. Just like the title. The undercurrent is positive, energizing, fresh, unexpected. With every single dialogue of each character you wonder where the movie's gonna take you. And every actor has truly lived the part. From the little girl, to the veterans, everyone is perfect. that's the word..

The classic sense of humour of every character is remarkable. Love the way Zohra Sehgal and Big B keep snapping at each other. Love the way Paresh Rawal advises Tabu not to turn vegetarian, ever. I could almost see people I know say those very same things.

At the same time, there's so much to learn from that li'l girl.. Loved the Sad Sad Happy Sad part. Next time I'm sad, I hope I remember this and have an icecream. And yeah, the most important lesson "CARPE DIEM, Baby!!" Live the moment.. Sieze the day.. Had a few glimpses of Robin William's Dead Poet's Society there...

So people, "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS" and enjoy the movie. Kudos to the makers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment